



|
Lara in the house (23 Feb to 25 Feb 2007) My taiwanese friend, Lara, whom i met during my tassie trip, came over to Singapore for a short trip before she heads back to Brisbane to complete her last semester for Masters. I would say playing host wasn't really fun, in fact, i find it quite stressful. Maybe it's becos i wanted to show her more of Singapore since she was going to be here only for 2 days. Trying to pack lots of things but at the same time, I don't wish to rush her. I mean afterall, it's a free and easy trip, she wasn't on some guided tour. She reached Singapore at around 11 plus in the evening on 23rd, I was quite surprised that I managed to catch the train from Changi Airport back home. Haha, we reached home at around 12 plus am. That night was burnt I couldn't think of where to bring her at night other than clubs or pubs. The next morning, wanted to bring her to try some bak ku teh at sim ming road area, tried that once a few years back, apparently heard that it's quite famous. Too bad she woke up too late, so i decided to bring her to orchard, far east plaza, to have chicken rice instead. Yes, shopping shopping shopping. We took like a few hours to cover far east plaza!! My goodness! One of her request was to bring her to Zara. Yeah, I bought this kids t-shirt from Zara!! And yeah, I'm that skinny, ok?! Lol. I feel a little bad that she didn't buy anything from there, cos the t-shirt that she liked was dirty and that was the last piece. :( On our way home, we saw some chingay floats getting ready for the chingay performance later in the evening. Stood there for a while to let her take her pictures since we only get to see such performance during CNY, not to be missed. Such a pity that we couldn't stay to watch the performance cos I invited ann over to my place for dinner. Haven't seen ann for quite some time, thought i could do some catching up with her since she came home to celebrate CNY with her family. Yeah, that day was the 7th day of the CNY, which is known as "ren ri", if i'm not wrong, the creation of humans according to the chinese legend, so it's everyone's birthday on that day. I asked my mom to prepare some "yusheng" for us, I mean after all yusheng is a Singapore creation, ought to be proud of. Haha. Yeah, i think the girls had fun tossing yusheng here and there. My mom took me by surprised to prepare bak ku teh for us!! Muhahaha. Right after dinner, ann had to meet her friends to watch the chingay parade. Lara, I and my dad went to the Night Safari, my 2nd visit to the Night Safari was quite a different experience compared to the 1st (probably 2 years ago). They added some new shows, we absolutely loved it! Her last day here, I brought her to try Ya Kun Kaya Toast at Funan IT Mall. Personally, I prefer the kaya from Killiney but I wasn't sure if they are open on Sunday, didn't want to take the risk. After which, went to Chinatown to do some last minute shopping. We met up with Peishan for lunch since we were around the area. I could tell Lara was trying to buy as much as she could with the time she had here. Peishan was pretty amazed how fast she closed deals with the shop owners. Peishan whispered to me: "Wow, your friend buys things much faster than you!" LOL. Yeah I lost! Oh well, I hope she enjoyed her stay here. It's nice having her here. :) Note: I found out why i couldn't upload the pictures, cos 1 of the pictures was like 17 mb! Haha, guess I forgot to change it's format to JPEG. Opps, sorry blogger. I know you still love me! Jenny swirled her magic wand __ at 11:26 AM
Comments:
Post a Comment
|