



|
Goodbye After knocking off early on Friday, so I thought maybe I could make a trip down to ikea since there is a 105 bus from my workplace. Strangely, I ended at orchard, shopped aimlessly. Looking at clothes, but I had absolute no desire of buying anything so I went home with 3 boxes of redcurrent puff and 1 box of triple chocolate cereals from Marks & Spencer. I bumped into my ex-colleague while I was making my way to the MRT, she couldn't recognise me cos I tied my hair. She was on her way to meet some of her friends for some buffet dinner at some hotel, which is 20+ per head. I mean it's certainly a very reasonable price for a buffet dinner at a hotel. Told her that I received my first wedding invitation from my boss, after started working for 5 days!! My goodness!!!! I barely know them!! Sigh~ I guess I don't have much of a choice but to attend. Afterwhich, I went home and boarded the same bus as my dad. My mom was kinda surprised that we came home together, she asked why switched my mobile off. I explained that my phone battery went flat, so I went on to ask her what happened. Mom: "Gan ma (my brother's godmother) passed away." Me: "HUH?!!? when?!!?! I just saw her during grandma's funeral!!" Life is so unpredictable, she came to pay her last respect to my grandmother 2 years ago. She looked fine, although I know that she had breast cancer a few years back. And now, she's gone. She was my mom's best friend and passed away on my mom's birthday. Sigh. I still remember when I was a kid, she would bring lots of things to visit my family. Bags of stuff. I mean, for a tai tai like her, she should be busy showing off her wealth to her fellow tai tai friends at her regular mahjong games or enjoying her afternoon tea. Sometimes, I wonder what she sees in us. We are just a middle class family. But I guess, money can't buy friendship and I think we are very grateful to have a friend like her. I remember that I went to her place when I was around 10, ran around her big house, she even coaxed me to let her cut my hair cos I had split ends. I had really long hair then, I just refuse to cut my hair. Cos I took quite a long time to grow that long. Yeah, she had a way with kids, i must say. Just came back from her funeral wake, I saw her lying lifelessly in the coffin and she looked so hagged. She must have put up a fierce fight with this strange brain virus, which took her life in just 4 months time. Sigh. Life is short, you never know when your journey ends. Jenny swirled her magic wand __ at 8:36 AM
Comments:
Post a Comment
|